Going to the East London festival Love Box this drizzly weekend?
Abbie-Joelle Skliarsky has some rain-proof baddies to wow the crowd and keep you dry and looking fly...
Whether you’re off to see Annie Mac, hottie Kaytranada or planning on skanking to SHY FX we’ve got some rain-friendly pieces to see you through at Love Box festival.
1. Sunglasses always run away with the fairies so save your pennies and get a pair of these tortoiseshell sunnies from Primarni! An absolute steal at £2, so it doesn’t matter if you lose them.
2. A chic hat. Come rain or shine this grey wool fedora hat from M&S is a must-have. It’s a balance of wind/rain protection and classic style.
3. Wellies are a festival essential: even in an East-End park in London – opt for some hip black chunky ankle wellies, like these from Topshop. They’ll take you from the tube to a festival-swamp sich in seconds. If you find yourself stomping to the likes of Skepta or Snoop Dogg, don a pair of these snakeskin wellies. They will save your otherwise muddy bacon and are pretty sassy too.
4. Want a dramatic eye? Don’t let the rain wash away the cat eye you spent 40 minutes trying to master. Use Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner instead and continue giving RedLight the green light with your feline flick.
5. A birra lip tint. Benefit’s Posie-Tint is a pretty poppy-pink stain that gives a subtle flush on cheeks & lips. The liquid-gel formula lasts for hours outdoors – no need to reapply!
6. A Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera. Get your moments documented in an instant. It’s size is practical and looks super cute in white. It’s even got flash – an essential if you’re inside the dance tent!
7. Forget looking like a drowned rat, get yourself a floral hooded mac. Try this absolute bargain; lightweight, funky and keeps you dry in the drizzle.
8. A folky tunic. This one from Next is a wardrobe staple. Keep your arms warm whilst radiating hippy vibes. Extra marks for the tassles, Next.
9. Stop pesky Wellington’s from chafing with these stripey knee high socks, your toes will be extra toasty too.
10. Tassles are everywhere at-the-mo. Pair this suede tassle bag with a denim skirt for a kick-ass duo.
11. Frizz Tamer. In this humid weather, frizzy locks are inevitable. Our hair is so frizzy, even the Valencia filter can’t save us. Tame your tresses with product of the moment Batiste Smooth It Frizz Tamer. Now where’s that iPhone?