Not content for Kate Middleton to steal the limelight, Chelsy Davy called in the big guns
While Prince William‘s bride Kate Middleton did her own make-up for the Royal Wedding (with a little help from the Bobbi Brown team), Prince Harry’s on-off girlfriend Chelsy Davy left nothing to chance.
Chelsy speed dialled make-up artist Jules Cardozo-Marsh who used MAC liner in Naked to create her look for the big day, along with budget brands including Barry M and Avon.
Jules tells Now: ‘Chelsy has such a naturally youthful and fresh complexion, so I really wanted to enhance her radiant skin with plenty of dewy textures.
‘I kept the eyes quite neutral but sultry enough to make her sparkling green eyes stand out.’
Step-by-step to Chelsy Davy‘s look…
1. Prep skin with a light-weight foundation primer then mix two drops of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with a drop of liquid highlighter to create an ultra light, luminous base
2. Apply a small amount onto the T-zone using a synthetic foundation brush and sweep in upwards and outwards motions to leave a soft, glowing coverage.
3. Create a super-glowing complexion that will shine through to the evening by blending Jemma Kidd Dual Illuminator in Champagne along the cheek bones, brow bones and inner corner of the eyes with your fingers.
4. Add a natural flush to the apple of your cheeks with GOSH Natural Blush in Electric Pink and ensure a long-lasting coverage with a light dusting of translucent powder over the T-zone
5. Using a soft eyeshadow brush, gently blend Mii Cosmetics Entice One And Only Eye Colour along the upper and lower lash line then blend into the socket to create a clean, fresh base
6. Add subtle depth with a slightly darker shade such as Mii Cosmetics Capture One And Only Eye Colour to the outer corner of the eyes, blending carefully along the crease line. Define eyes with a brown kohl eyeliner, ensuring to dot half way along the upper and lower lash lines then blend for subtly defined, bright eyes
7. Complete the eyes with a slick of Avon SuperMagnify Mascara in Black and define eyebrows with a waxy eyebrow pencil that matches your eyebrow shade for a perfectly preened finish
8. Finally, prep lips with MAC Liner in Naked then create plump lips with Barry M Lip Gloss in Shade 4
Shop online for Chelsy Davy‘s Royal Wedding beauty brands…
NEW PICTURES Royal Wedding crowd celebrate Kate Middleton and Prince William‘s big day>>
ROYAL WEDDING GALLERY See the guests arrive for Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s special day>>
NEW PICTURES Kate Middleton and Prince William are married at last>>
NEW PICTURES Kate Middleton and family arrive at London hotel ahead of Royal Wedding to Prince William>>
MORE PICTURES Amazing facts about Kate Middleton – Prince William‘s wedding belle>>
PHOTO GALLERY Kate Middleton watches Prince William play polo>>
NEW PICTURES Kate Middleton and Prince William attend wedding>>
See more about Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry and the Royal Wedding in Now magazine dated 9 May and the Now Royal Romance Special – out now!