In a new interview, Khloe Kardashian opens up about her feelings for estranged husband Lamar Odom for the first time since his shock collapse - and it's all pretty emotional...
We’ve got nothing but admiration for the way Khloe Kardashian has stepped up to the plate in order to stand by estranged husband Lamar Odom following his shock collapse – said to be the result of a drugs overdose – two weeks ago.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star has all-but put her own life on hold after rushing to Lamar’s side following the discovery of him lying unconscious in a Nevada brothel.
Now a new interview with the 31-year-old beauty – conducted both before and after the drama with Lamar unfolded – reveals just how strongly Khloe still feels about her (still official) husband.
Speaking to People magazine, Khloe discusses the couple’s marriage – and its subsequent breakdown – the former NBA star’s current condition, and her feelings for him, revealing she still loves Lamar – and plans on standing by him as he recovers.
It makes for pretty emotional reading – and here we’ve summed up the interview with the 7 most adorable things Khloe says about her relationship with Lamar…
1. On hearing the news of Lamar’s collapse: ‘I had to get there. All I wanted was for him to be OK.’
2. On Lamar’s recovery: ‘There’s a very long road ahead of him, and he has to walk that road himself. But I’ll be there supporting him every step of the way.’
3. On how Lamar gave her confidence after she was labelled ‘the fat sister’: ‘Lamar loved me for who I was. He never talked about my weight. That didn’t matter to him. That’s what gave me so much confidence.’
4. On the meaning of wedding vows: ‘When I got married, I believed every vow that I took. I don’t believe love is fickle.’
5. On filing for divorce: ‘It was a choice I had to make. But I will always love him. You don’t have to be with someone in order to love him.’
6. On their short time as husband and wife: ‘I would rather have had [our marriage] for that limited time than to never have had it at all. It was the most magical, special time in my life, and I know what we had was really rare.’
7. On sticking by her husband: ‘I love Lamar, and I’ll always be there for him like I promised.’