Now does a bit of digging on the former European and Commonwealth Games champion...
Former Olympian Iwan Thomas MBE sounds like he’s going to be bags of fun on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing – he’s already challenged Peter Andre to his status as the favourite to win!
‘Bring it on big fella @MrPeterAndre #strictlycomedancing ,’ Iwan wrote alongside a picture of him, Pete and other 2015 contestant Daniel O’Donnell. He jokingly added, “Finally ‘Im out” with reference to him being one of the last contestants to be announced on this year’s show.
Iwan, who often shows off his buff physique on Twitter pictures (much to fans delight), also told his followers he was going to ‘bust out some breakdancing moves asap on the show’. AMAZING.
The 41-year-old sent fellow contestants Kirsty Gallacher and Jeremy Vine a message on Twitter, saying: ‘I’m hoping we will have a cracking time… See you next week”
So who exactly is Iwan? Now investigates…
1. He competed in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, taking silver in the 4x400m and also represented Britain in the 2000 Olympics.
2. While his name couldn’t be more Welsh (his middle name is Gwyn!), Iwan was actually born in Farnborough, England.
3. He has two huge (and very sexy) tattoos on his chest which fans have suggested depictst heaven versus hell.
4. In 2008 Iwan admitted that he once fell asleep on live TV after “having a few sneaky beers in the Green Room before the show”. He was not specific about the programme but did admit that the presenter was Eamonn Holmes
5. He starred in Celebrity MasterChef in 2009, where he came second to TV presenter Jayne Middlemiss.
6. He likes B*Witched and he’s not afraid to admit it! Last month he tweeted, “That awkward moment find yourself singing along to bewitched whilst having a wee in hotel toilets then finish & 3 guys standing behind you.”
7. He is SINGLE!!!
Iwan definitely sounds like one we’ll be keeping our eye on!