We’ve compiled a list of facts about the new Strictly star that you might not already know…
She’s the latest celebrity to be confirmed for the new Strictly Come Dancing line up, and Corrie star Georgia May Foote is over the moon to be taking to the dancefloor.
‘It’s such a relief. I’ve known since April so it’s great to be able to tell people. It’s nice,’ she said.
The 24-year-old has also revealed she had been in talks to do the show last year, but the time proving difficult. ‘I was in talks last year but I wasn’t able to do it because I didn’t leave Coronation Street early last year but this year it came around and I was like, ‘Yeah, course, I’ll come for a meeting,’ she said.
After playing the character of Katy Armstrong between 2005-2010, Georgia, who is dating fellow Corrie star Sean Ward, left our screens earlier this year to pursue her acting and modelling career.
So what else is there to know about the pretty brunette that we don’t already?
Now takes a look at the real Georgia May Foote…
1. She has starred in more than one soap. Shortly before joining the cast of Corrie in 2010, Georgia played a girl called Bryony in Emmerdale for one episode.
2. Prior to playing Katy Armstrong in Coronation Street, Georgia appeared in Coronation Street as a different character, Jess Burrows, in a one-off guest appearance, playing the daughter of a couple that were viewing the Platt’s house.
3. Georgia starred in school show Grange Hill between 2005-2008 playing Alison Simmons.
4. She appeared in a domestic abuse advert.
5. She was engaged to her childhood sweetheart plumber John, who she dated for seven years, but they split in 2014.
6. The actress is dating Sean Ward, who plays Callum Logan in Corrie, and Georgia’s character was Sean’s first on-screen kiss.
7. Despite her amazing figure, Georgia is a fan of pie and cider. Posting a pic on Instagram of a half eaten pie and bottle of Bulmers, Georgia captioned the shot ‘Pie and cider…’ A girl after own heart!
8. Leaving Corrie wasn’t her decision, but the door has been left open for her. ‘I was a bit gutted that leaving Corrie wasn’t my decision – it’s like a boyfriend dumping you first – but I’m really excited,’ she said. ‘If anything, it’s given me that kick I needed to move on to other things.’
9. She speaks German.