Thankfully their wedding had less drama than an Albert Square wedding...
Childhood sweethearts Danny Dyer and Jo Mas finally tied the knot in the stunning walled garden of a country hotel in Hampshire. The pair of 39-year-olds met at school when Dyer was just 14, and we couldn’t be happier for the newly-weds.
Be prepared to experience some pretty adorable Danny Dyer moments, people.
Yep, Danny, we’re looking at you.
Here is everything you need to know about the couple’s special day…
- The EastEnders star who plays landlord Mick Carter wore a grey suit with a red waistcoat that matched his red pocket square and even his red shoe laces.
- Jo made a beautiful bride as she wore a flamenco-inspired strapless gown and carried a fan interwoven with flowers and feathers.
- Jo’s something blue was a locket she attached to the fan that contained a picture of her Nan on a pale blue ribbon.
- Danny seemed pretty overwhelmed at the sight of his breathtaking bride: ‘She has always been beautiful but she is more beautiful than I could have imagined today.’ Aw!
- As Jo walked down the aisle to Chris Isaak’s ‘Wicked Game’, she was followed by the couple’s three children Dani, 19, Sunnie, nine, and Arty, 2. It is no surprise that Danny was very moved at this, too: ‘It couldn’t have been any better.’
- The couple’s eldest child, Dani (above) stunned in a bridal-inspired gown.
- The amazing ceremony was completely engineered by Jo, who made a surprise proposal to Danny on Valentine’s Day after he had asked her himself various times over the years.
- A huge number of famous faces were present at the wedding. The Inbetweeners star James Buckley, The X Factor‘s Sam Bailey, Kasabian guitarist Serge Pizzorno, and EastEnders actor Danny-Boy Hatchard watched the pair tie the knot… To name just a few!
- Danny’s best man and brother Tony had to pull out of the ceremony last minute as his wife was giving birth to twins! Luckily, Danny’s sister stepped up to replace him, who is five months pregnant herself. ‘She’s a special girl’, Danny remarked.
MORE: STRESSED OUT GIGI HADID DROPS TO TINY SIZE 00
- The wedding contained some of Dyer’s famous humour when Danny had to swat away a wasp in the middle of his vows and ask the registrar if he could start again! The audience were even got the giggles when Danny had to state his full name, Daniel John Dyer.
- In true Danny Dyer style, the actor made frequent salutes to his football team, West Ham United, during and after the ceremony. Yep, that happened…
- Co-stars and friends made adorable tributes to the newly-weds. One of which was Danny’s on-screen wife, Kellie Bright: ‘I am very, very happy to be part of their day. I couldn’t be more honoured. Things are as they should be.’
- Danny made his own tribute to his acting career by naming each table at the reception after one of his films.
- The East End lad made a humorous speech where he described Jo as the ‘David Batty to my Paul Gascoigne’… But warmed hearts when he admitted ‘Without her I would be nothing’.
- As Danny and Jo cut the cake, guests almost jumped off their seats as fireworks exploded from floral centrepieces from each table.
- To end the wonderful day with a bang, the guests were ushered outside and an extravagant fireworks display began to the famous drums of the EastEnders theme tune.
Sending our congratulations to the happy couple!