It is touch and go whether the pair will make the first auditions in Leicester tomorrow

X Factor has reportedly been plunged into ‘crisis’ mode after head judge Simon Cowell and host Dermot O’Leary both fell ill earlier this week.

The pair may now have to each pull a sick day and miss the first audition of the new series, which is set to take place at Leicester City’s King Power stadium tomorrow (Friday, June 10).

Poorly Simon has been on bed rest as he struggles to recover from the flu, which forced him to pull out of hosting the Together For Short Lives charity ball last week.

‘Simon is hopeful he can make [the X Factor auditions] but is under the weather this week. He’s resting up,’ a show source told The Sun.

While returning host Dermot has been struck down with severe food poisoning.

READ MORE CELEB NEWS

Read More: Has Simon Cowell gone soft?

Dermot O'Leary

Dermot was even forced to miss the Glamour Awards in London on Tuesday due to his ill health, leaving his wife Dee Kopang O’Leary to go alone.

‘Dermot is a regular guest at the Glamour Awards so his absence proved how ill he is,’ the source added.

‘He was supposed to be at the auditions but it’s touch and go whether he will be well enough.’

Dermot was axed from X Factor last year and replaced by Caroline Flack and Olly Murs.

However, he was reinstated in March after being told to ‘name his price’ when Caroline and Olly quit their hosting duties.

On the bright side, returning judges Nicole Scherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh are all thought to be in good health and excited to get started tomorrow.

Get well soon Simon and Dermot!

GIF Dermot O'Leary X Factor