Police confirm that asthma was the cause of The Apprentice contestant Stuart Baggs’ shock death
The Apprentice star Stuart Baggs died as a result of his asthma, police have confirmed.
The TV star and businessman was shockingly found dead at his home on the Isle of Man on 30 July aged just 27 and now it’s been revealed that his death was caused by the condition, which he’d suffered from for a long time.
‘Mr Baggs had suffered from asthma for many years and died as a result of his condition,’ a statement from Isle of Man Constabulary said after a coroner found Stuart had passed away from natural causes.
Inspector Michelle McKillop adds: ‘From the reaction we have encountered during our inquiries it is clear that this is a tragic and premature loss of such a hardworking and visionary young man.
‘We extend our thoughts to the family at this sad time and on their behalf I would request that they are now left in peace to grieve as a family.’
Stuart’s death was called ‘sudden and unexpected’ when he was found, though police said there was ‘no reason to view the circumstances as suspicious’. A post-mortem carried out last Friday proved inconclusive.
The news of what caused his tragic passing comes after friends, family and Apprentice fans expressed their shock at his loss.
Stuart shot to fame on the TV series in 2010 as the youngest ever candidate and became one of the best contestants on the show mainly thanks to his well-thought-out one liners.
His most memorable quotes included ‘Everything I touch turns to sold’ and ‘I’m Stuart Baggs ‘The Brand’ – I’ve got a certain type of charisma.’
In the years after the show Plymouth-born Stuart ran a telecommunications company and only recently gave an interview to an Isle of Man newspaper in which he discussed his plans to bring 4G broadband to the island.
Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.