Stars show cancer who's boss with bold inkings
The TV and radio stars have had powerful messages against the disease ‘tattooed’ on their bodies with transfers to support Cancer Research UK‘s Race for Life events and they’re hoping it will encourage others to join the fight.
Each presenter has the fearless words ‘Cancer, we’re coming to get you’ inked on their skin in a different design to represent the fighting spirit of Race for Life and the goal to hit cancer where it hurts!
I am incredibly proud to be supporting Cancer Research UK‘s Race for Life this year,’ says Donna, 34.
Cancer has affected too many of our loved ones and it’s time to fight back!
Everyone who runs, walks or sponsors someone at Race for Life events this summer will make a huge difference in the fight to take cancer down.
Please encourage all your friends and family to take part, cheer you on or sponsor you and we can prove why cancer should be the one that’s scared!’
Jameela, 28, adds: I am so thrilled to be supporting Cancer Research UK‘s Race for Life.
Regardless of your age or how fit you are, everyone can take part or sponsor someone. The money raised is vital to help beat this horrible disease.
So gather your girls, sign up, and let’s take the fight to cancer!’
My family is not alone in being greatly affected by cancer,’ says Edith, 40.
Sadly, it is something that touches us all but Cancer Research UK‘s Race for Life gives us the opportunity to send the defiant message that it is cancer’s turn to be afraid!
I’m so proud to be supporting Race for Life and urge all women to gather their friends and family and sign up now.
Everyone who takes on cancer at Race for Life this summer will be playing their part in beating this terrible disease!’
Every pound raised at almost 300 Race for Life events this summer will help fund vital research to save more lives and help beat cancer sooner.
Run, walk or dance at Race for Life: www.raceforlife.org
About Race for Life
- Cancer Research UK‘s Race for Life, in partnership with Tesco is open for entries
- The entry fee is 14.99 for adults and 10 for girls 16 and under. This covers the costs of staging the event series and means that money raised in sponsorship can go to help beat cancer
- Race for Life raises money that goes towards beating over 200 types of cancer affecting both men and women
Enter now at www.raceforlife.org or via the hotline on 0845 600 6050
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research
- Cancer Research UK‘s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK‘s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
SEE PICTURES Jameela Jamil reveals new fashion collection for Very
SEE PICTURES Jameela Jamil and other stars at the Horrible Bosses London premiere
SEE PICTURES Jameela Jamil and other stars at The British Comedy Awards 2011