This guy has one hobby that might surprise you!
‘WHO IS THIS JAMES WHALE ENTERING THE CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER HOUSE?’ we hear you cry.
Well, here’s a flavour of who the man sharing a name with a sea mammal really is, from his Wikipedia page (please note the Big Brother contestant buzzword checklist): ‘Michael James Whale is an English radio and television host. He is known for his plain-speaking, often acerbic and confrontational, broadcasting style; during phone-ins he frequently hangs up on callers he disagrees with or who do not make their point quickly enough – a tactic since copied by many presenters.’
- So he’s opinionated and a serial phone hanger-upper – this could be good. Plain-speaking, confrontational and often acerbic. That’s all you need to know. But we’ve compiled some need to know facts about Whaley for your deliberation.
- At 65, he’s the oldest of the bunch
- He had his own ITV show in the late 80s imaginatively called The James Whale Show. He also had a series called ‘The Blue Whale’. He really likes his surname, then.
- He presents BBC Essex’s breakfast show.
- He has a podcast called The James Whale Radio Show.
- He got sacked from his LBC radio show in 2008 for telling listeners to vote for Boris Johnston for Mayor Of London.
- He was mates with Bernard Manning.
- He fought kidney cancer in 2000 and set up a charity, The James Whale Fund For Kidney Cancer.
- He doesn’t care much for recycling, hates the Green Party and David Cameron.
- Somewhat unsurprisingly, his Twitter bio is very shouty AS IT’S ALL IN CAPITALS. His handle is @THEJamesWhale, just in case you were in any doubt which James Whale you were following. No-nonsense.
- He is a keen archer: ‘Often after I finish the radio show I pop down there and shoot a few arrows, just to keep my eye trained.’ Brb, just popping out to shoot a few arrows.