Reality television’s repeat offender Christopher Biggins is giving Celebrity Big Brother a whirl now
Yes, he really has been on nearly every reality TV show going…
In fact, CBB bosses were SO keen to sign Biggins, 67, up he’s the highest ever paid contestant – earning a huge £150,000 to go into the house alongside Sam Fox and Lewis Bloor.
If however, you have no idea they wanted Biggins in the CBB house so badly, have a quick look at just what makes Biggins so popular…
- Biggins is a Northern lad and was brought up in Oldham
- The actor is no stranger to controversy, saying same sex marriage shouldn’t be legalised because it was for ‘heterosexual couples’. He seemed to backtrack however by attending the ‘I Do To Equal Marriage’ event in March 2014
- His biggest supporter is Joan Collins, tweeting: ‘Congratulations @onebiggins I for one am voting that henceforth @bbuk be renamed #bigginsbrother!!’
- He started in showbiz at a young age and bagged his first leading stage role aged just 17 in a production of Le Medecin Malgre Lui.
- Biggins was a regular face on some of our best loved TV shows including Porridge and Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em
- His childhood nickname was Sunshine
- No stranger to the reality TV circuit, the presenter won I’m A Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here back in 2007 and also took part in: Celebrity Masterchef, Celebrity Come Dine With Me, Celebrity Five To Go AND Celebrity Catchphrase…
- Oh, and if you think he only pops up around Christmas time, you’d be right as Biggins is famous for his role of Widow Twanky in Aladdin
- Although he looks small on televisions, Biggins is actually 5ft 9’
- Biggins is already an early favourite to WIN the show – with odds of 4/1