This weekend Now went backstage at The X Factor 2014 with haircare brand TRESemme and we found out a whole load of gossip especially for you
This weekend we were invited backstage to The X Factor live shows and here are the nine secret things we found out! You just won’t believe it.
1. 15 large cans of TRESemme hairspray were used in two days, just for the contestants. Three quarters of those were used just by the boys.
2. The X Factor styling room is no bigger than your average sized caravan. With all 12 acts being groomed at the same time, things can get a little crazy!
3. The X Factor dancers have a separate team of groomers and all are made up in the staff canteen. Oh the glamour!
4. Fleur East‘s outfit for her performance on Saturday night was changed 12 hours before the live show. Eeek! Can you imagine the panic?
5. Blonde Electra‘s neon eyebrows shouldn’t have been on the show. The producers wanted them to come off, but make up said it was simply too late.
6. There is a secret diva on the show, we can’t say who, but someone is already making Mariah Carey-like waves backstage. Who do you think it might be?
7. Ben Haenow, ‘The Man With The Van’, is the sweetest contestant ever and is constantly thanking everyone for all their work, he popped into the hair room after the show just to say thank you to the TRESemme team. He’s so cute!
8. TRESemme‘s 24 Hour Body Sky High Plumping Powder, £5.50, was the key product to getting Chloe Jasmine‘s voluminous do and apart from ‘the boys’ hairspray, it is apparently the leading hero product that is being used backstage.
9. The X Factor stylist Jamie Stevens, told us to keep an eye on Only The Young for some really ‘out there’ hair styles and also hinted at a few unexpected hair cuts. Could Chloe‘s crop be cropped completely? Maybe, just maybe! We said nothing, right?
Oh and one more! Mel B arrived to the studios in a sheep onesie and stayed in it for rehearsals.
Check back soon and grab next week’s mag, for even more goss!
Lydia Anne Thompson