While Andy Murray was busy winning on Centre Court, girlfriend Kim Sears became the nation’s style icon - starting with that hair…
Andy Murray won the men’s singles title at Wimbledon 2013 yesterday, making him the first British male to do so in 77 years! Okay fine, you’ll likely know this fact already, but still huzzah!
Yes, the tennis was outstanding. Yes, Andy Murray is a legend and dreamy to boot. But – er – was anyone else just a tad distracted by his girlfriend Kim Sears‘ incredible hair!?
Kim, 25, cheered on her boyfriend of seven years from the Players’ Box. Alongside every fist punch, clap and supportive smile bounced her glossy, voluminous, healthy-looking locks.
Thanks to Kim‘s hair, Now Daily almost forgot about the whole tennis thing altogether (we said almost).
And, er, Kate Middleton you may want to look away now… because a source at celebrity-fave hair salon Charles Worthington has revealed that there’s been a significant shift in women asking for a Kim’ (Sears, not you Kardashian) instead of a Kate’ in recent weeks.
To cement her new girl crush status further – Kim only went and wore a £925 SS13 mint Victoria by Victoria Beckham dress for the Wimbledon 2013 men’s final too. Nice touch bearing in mind VB was in the crowd! She finished the look with a Mulberry Willow tote.
A £925 designer dress and £1,500 bag may be out of our reach, but thanks to Now Daily’s hair how-to, we can ALL get a Sears’ in the salon. Aces.
HAIR HOW-TO: Get a Kim Sears ‘do
– Kim‘s hair is natural thick which helps, but the follically-challenged shouldn’t give up just yet. Channel your inner Murray and battle on with a blow-dry.
– Don’t forget to protect your hair first – try Aveda’s Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother (£19.50) to keep hair looking healthy post-heat.
– Hang dry your hair – effectively using your fingers to dry 80% of your mane. Then use a big bristle brush to style and add oompf to the rest. This kind of big ‘n’ bouncy blow-dry calls for the biggest barrel brush you can find. Try Mark Hill Big Blow Out Extra Large Round Brush (£8.99)
– Want more body? Try using a big barrel curling iron. The bigger the curls, the more natural the overall look. Unlike Kate Middleton, Kim‘s hair is less about looking styled and more about boosting natural body.
Gently backcomb hair to create height at the crown. Important for all those Wimbledon slowmos, eh Kim?!
– Finish the look with a spritz of lightweight hairspray to hold hair in place and a finishing shine spray. Better than that, try Elnett’s Satin Lumiere Hairspray (£6.49) which will not only give you Kim‘s mirror-like shine, it’ll give your style natural hold to last the whole five sets (not that Andy Murray needed it, mind).
SEE PICTURES Andy Murray‘s girl Kim Sears‘ Wimbledon fashion hits