After meeting on Dancing On Ice in 2013 Samia and Sylvain have tied the knot!
It’s been three years since Samia Ghadie and Sylvain Longchambon‘s eyes met over the Dancing on Ice rink but clearly, their love for one another was far from frosty (sorry) as the pair have gone and got hitched!
The duo said their ‘I do’s’ in front of a load of Samia’s Corrie co-stars and their son Yves and Samia’s daughter Freya played a huge part in their Cheshire nuptials too. Cute!
So who was there? What was the dress like? What ideas can you steal for your own wedding? Well, here’s the low down…
- After planning to tie the knot in the South of France, Samia, 34 and Sylvain, 36 had a change of tact and decided to get married close to their home in Cheshire instead. They chose Delamere Manor for their ceremony and reception.
- Coronation Street’s Jane Danson was a bridesmaid and other soap stars included Tina O’Brian, Catherine Tyldesley, Alan Halsall and Lucy-Jo Hudson.
- Samia wore a dress designed by Suzanne Neville.
- Sylvain wore a Hugo Boss navy suit.
- A bus – carrying 40 guests – got lost on the way to the venue. DOH.
- The theme was lemon. ‘I’m obsessed with lemons and yellow is my favourite colour. I’ve always believed it’s lucky,’ Samia said.
- Samia’s daughter Freya walked her down the aisle to this tune…
- The pair wrote their own vows.
- Celebratory drinks included mojitos, French martinis and champagne.
- Canapes included tempura prawns, fried halloumi, mushroom risotto and chicken satay. YUM!
- Sylvain’s best man was his brother Yves.
- He also wore some lucky yellow underpants!
- Their first dance was to this. Also the same tune to their first dance on Dancing on Ice…
- They both had platinum wedding rings.
- They didn’t have a honeymoon, they had a ‘familymoon’ in Villamoura in Portugal.
Congrats guys. It sounds like a 10 from where we’re sitting.