Health and fitness is a big part of her life, but does the TOWIE star need to slow down?
Since quitting The Only Way Is Essex, Lucy Mecklenburgh has rebranded herself as a fitness guru. Her Instagram feed is a source of fitspiration for those looking to lead a healthier lifestyle – but Now understands friends are concerned that Lucy is putting her wellbeing on the back burner.
Some of Lucy’s recent snaps on social media have been inundated with comments branding her ‘too thin’. One concerned fan wrote: ‘You need to put on a bit of weight.’ Another added: ‘Looks like a little girl, still gorgeous though x.’
The 25-year-old’s always been very open about her fitness regime and in 2016 she explained: ‘I work out four to five days a week. I always mix it up otherwise I would be very bored.’ In 2013 the former reality star launched Results With Lucy, a fitness and nutrition website for women, and her attitude to working out helped her become the face and body of sportswear brand Ellesse a year later.
Being her own boss means lots of socialising for Lucy and, as a result, she often has to be strict with her diet. ‘If I have an event coming up I’ll limit cocktails and desserts,’ she’s said previously.
Lucy recently claimed she ‘gained quite a few pounds’ during a holiday to Los Angeles but insisted she would ‘go back to her 80/20 healthy lifestyle when I’m home’. The diet allows users to eat healthily 80 per cent of the time, but they can enjoy their favourite foods for the other 20 per cent.
She’s undoubtedly been working very hard lately, so let’s hope Lucy indulges in some chocolate cake on her next cheat day…