The Circus breaks records for reformed boy band
Take That’s new CD has beaten Coldplay‘s Viva La Vida to the title of best first week sales for 2008.
The Circus, the boys’ second album since their comeback in 2005, has sold over 432,000 copies since its release on Monday.
‘Take That have smashed the record for fastest selling album of the year,’ HMV spokesman Genarro Castaldo tells The Sun.
‘Take That are now bigger than ever and are enjoying more chart success than the first time around.’
The UK top 10 albums in full:
1. (-) Take That: The Circus
2. (1) The Killers: Day & Age
3. (4) Leona Lewis: Spirit – The Deluxe Edition
4. (-) Britney Spears: Circus
5. (7) Kings of Leon: Only By The Night
6. (3) Rhydian: Rhydian
7. (6) Stereophonics: Decade In The Sun – Best Of
8. (5) The Priests: The Priests
9. (9) Girls Aloud: Out of Control
10. (8) Pink: Funhouse