Check out Now's ultimate TV Rich list. Who's blown £288,000 on hair extensions? Which presenter bought a car for £12m? Find out in our countdown...
They come into out houses on a nightly basis. They make us laugh, cry, cringe and some of them are like Marmite. But who’s pocketing the biggest pay check each month?
Here’s the top 50…
50. RUSSELL HOWARD: Age 35. Worth: £6m
49. LEIGH FRANCIS: Age 42. Worth: £6m
48. AMANDA HOLDEN: Age, 44. Worth: £6m
The actress-turned-presenter apparently chalked up £1m during her first year judging BGT in 2007 and pocketed rumoured six-figure deals from penning her autobiography and promoting Tesco. Even her body drips with money she recently joked she was going to insure her nipples for £1m each!
47. CRAIG PHILLIPS: Age, 43. Worth: £6.9m
46. MATT LUCAS: Age, 41. Worth: £7m
45. JACK DEE: Age, 53: Worth: £7.5m
44. PETER ANDRE: Age, 42. Worth: £7.5m
Since divorcing Katie Price in 2009, Pete no longer gets a hefty £105k an episode from his reality shows. But he still prospers from arena tours, fragrances, writing kids’ books and his New York Coffee Club chain plus property in Cyprus and Australia.
43. JIMMY CARR: Age, 42. Worth: £7.8m
42. KIRSTY YOUNG: Age, 46. Worth £8m
40. JOHN BISHOP: Age, 48. Worth: £9m
39. MARVIN & ROCHELLE HUMES. Age, 30 & 26. Joint wealth: £9m (combined)
TV is where the two pop stars now earn their living. Having made £6m from his stint in JLS, Marvin now co-hosts The Voice, while Rochelle will be spending her Saturday nights fronting The Xtra Factor. The couple increased their wealth by £2.2m when they sold their house to One
Direction’s Niall Horan in 2012.
38. JAMES CORDEN: Age, 36. Worth: £9.5m
37. MARTIN FREEMAN: Age, 43. Worth: £10m
36. ALAN CARR: Age, 39. Worth: £10m
35. FRANK SKINNER: Age, 58. Worth: £10m
34. OLLY MURS: Age, 31. Worth: £10m
Before The X Factor, he worked in a jam factory and had debts of £4,000. Six years on, he co-hosts the show on an estimated £500k salary. Most of Olly’s £10m cash pile has come from his pop career, although he reportedly raked in £250k a year co-presenting The Xtra Factor.
33. EAMONN HOLMES: Age, 55. Worth: £11m
32. MYLEENE KLASS: Age, 37. Worth: £11m
31. HOLLY WILLOUGHBY: Age, 34. £11m
She made £650k a year as co- host of This Morning and The Voice. Her company Peaches Productions Ltd is worth about £1.5m. She also rakes it in from her BHS bedding range, co- writing kids’ books with sister Kelly and endorsement deals with Very, Garnier and Oral-B.
30. VERNON KAY& TESS DALY: Age, 41 &47. Joint wealth: £11.5m
Vernon scoops £2m from presenting his ITV shows, while wife Tess’s Strictly contract is said to be £250k a year trumped by the £300k L’Oréal deal she landed in 2013 (because she’s worth it!). The couple recently said they won’t leave their fortune to their two kids because they’re worried they’ll turn into ‘spoilt brats’.
29. DERMOT O’LEARY: Age, 42. Worth: £12m
28. ADRIAN CHILES: Age, 48. Worth: £14m
27. DAVINA McCALL: Age, 47. Worth: £14m
Davina fronted Big Brother for a decade, earning £70,000 a week. Her best-selling fitness DVDs, a Garnier deal and TV presenting gigs (The Jump, The Million Pound Drop) have bought her a £4.3m East Sussex mansion and a £1.5m Saint-Tropez villa.
26. HARRY HILL: Age, 50. Worth: £15m
25. JAMES MAY: Age, 52. Worth: £15m
24. RICHARD HAMMOND: Age, 45. Worth: £15m
23. PHILLIP SCHOFIELD: Age, 53. Worth: £16m
Silver fox Phil apparently earns a cool £1m a year for sofa-snuggling with Holly Willoughby and Amanda Holden on This Morning. He’s been a big earner throughout his career a 2006 ITV golden handcuffs contract netted him £5m, while he pocketed £49k an hour presenting Dancing On Ice.
22. MARY BERRY. Age, 80. Worth: £16m
She was recently rewarded with a pay rise from the BBC that took her salary to £500k, but Mary was loaded long before she started judging The Great British Bake Off. She’s written more than 60 recipe books (earning £2.3m), owns a successful condiments company Mary Berry & Daughter Ltd and has made property investments she recently sold a house in Devon for £800k.
21. DAVID WALLIAMS: Age, 43. Worth: £16.3m
20. NIGELLA LAWSON: Age, 55. Worth: £18m
19. CHERYL FERNANDEZ-VERSINI: Age, 32. Worth: £20m
Cheryl’s scooped up £7m from Girls Aloud, a rumoured £1.8m a year X Factor salary, £2.5m from her book Cheryl: My Story, £1m for magazine rights to her 2006 wedding to Ashley Cole and a staggering £300k a day for her short-lived judging stint on the US X Factor in 2011.
18. DAVID ATTENBOROUGH: Age, 89. Worth: £22m
17. STEPHEN MERCHANT: Age, 40. Worth: £22m
16. MICHAEL McINTYRE: Age, 39. Worth: £25m
15. ANNE ROBINSON. Age, 70. Worth: £26m
14. GRAHAM NORTON. Age, 52. Worth: £27m
13. GARY LINEKER. Age, 54. Worth: £30m
12. PAUL O’GRADY. Age, 60. Worth: £30m
11. JEREMY CLARKSON. Age, 55. Worth: £30m
10. PETER KAY. Age, 42. Worth: £33m
9. JONATHAN ROSS. Age, 54. Worth: £34m
8. GORDON RAMSAY. Age, 48. Worth: £40m
7. KATIE PRICE. Age, 37. Worth: £45m
When Katie revealed on CBB earlier this year that her son Harvey’s treatment costs nearly £1k a day in taxpayers’ money, some viewers were outraged possibly because of her £45m fortune. In addition to her reported £500k CBB fee, Katie’s coined it in thanks to book deals (£5m with Random House), TV shows (a £5m Sky Living deal, £350k for I’m A Celebrity), wedding mag deals (Peter Andre: £1.75m, Alex Reid: £1m) and promo work (Asda lingerie: £1.5m). She also reckons her 12-year outlay on hair extensions has cost her £288k!
6. RICKY GERVAIS. Age, 54. Worth: £51m
5. CHRIS EVANS. Age, 49. Worth: £60m
The new Top Gear host has snagged a £3m pay deal from the BBC for presenting the show, boosting his estimated £600k-a-year Radio 2 breakfast show salary. Once worth £80m thanks to selling his Ginger Media Group for £75m in 2000 he frittered away large chunks buying pubs and cars during his booze-soaked years (he also lost £7m in a 2003 court battle with Virgin Radio). The ginger petrolhead still has a huge love for motors, splurging £12m on a 1963 Ferrari in 2010.
4. ANT & DEC. Age, both 39. Worth: £76m.
Accounts from Ant & Dec’s firms show they raked in a massive £23k a day during 2014. They also got a £15m windfall after selling the Saturday Night Takeaway format to US network NBC this year. They live on the same London street (in properties worth £10m) and own side-by-side villas in Portugal’s Algarve.
3. NOEL EDMONDS. Age, 66. Worth: £88m
2. JAMIE OLIVER. Age, 40. worth: £180m
Jamie’s finances may have slumped by £60 million in the past year, but his Jamie’s Italian restaurants are still massively successful, with turnover topping £100m last year. Jamie isn’t short of a bob or two himself either, having earnt £1.2m a year for his Sainsbury’s ads and selling a whopping £126m worth of cookbooks.
1. SIMON COWELL. Age, 55. Worth: £325m
In his late twenties, Simon was washed-up, bankrupt and living with his parents. His bank account grew only after judging Pop Idol in 2001. Since then, it’s increased massively due to his X Factor and Got Talent franchises going global, not to mention the stars Susan Boyle, Westlife, Il Divo signed to his Syco record label. In recent years, One Direction have been his golden goose, helping him earn a staggering £59m in 2013-14.
Simon’s proved to be a real spendaholic, too. Last year he bought a £6.9m New York apartment, while other splurges include a £5m LA mansion and a £600k Bugatti, plus regular expensive holidays at Barbados’s Sandy Lane resort (£3k a night). Just being Simon is pretty costly too there¹s the £300 haircut, £30 hand waxes plus the £10k he’s spent on his gnashers. Even his loo roll doesn’t come cheap he only stocks £10-a-roll jet-black toilet paper.
Video: The X Factor judges over the years