Our summer diary is so jam packed we need a lie down! From festivals, to frolicking with friends in the sun, it's essential to take some time out and give yourself a little ME time.
Our summer diary is so jam packed we need a lie down! From festivals, to frolicking with friends in the sun, it’s essential to take some time out and give yourself a little ME time. But with costly holidays, weddings and other engagements, our bank balances are running seriously low, there’s no way we can’t afford a spa break. Don’t panic! You don’t need to go anywhere, you can cheat the expense of an A-list spa and unwind at home instead. Hooray!! Here are our 6 amazing ways to unwind this weekend.
1. Pop your dressing gown on. Everything feels more luxurious when you’re in a robe darling! Plus it’s the best clothing to wear to pamper your bod as your skins already out. Spas are always silly warm, so if you want to really mirror the effect, then wack the heating up, but we reckon the summer warmth is probably enough. And the rath of your housemates probably isn’t worth it. “Sally have you put the heating on?” “Erm no…erm maybe.” Yelp!
2. Massage. The Body Shop have introduced their new Spa Of The World range and it’s so heavenly, after using it we felt like we’d floated away to another atmosphere. Use their body clay before having a shower or bath and then massage your tired limbs before getting into bed.
3. Take your time. Give yourself a little longer in the bathroom, run a bath or have an extra long shower and use all the products you never have time for. From scrubs to soaks, now is the time to experiment and enjoy them.
4. Pay attention to your paws. Your feet are so receptive and taking care of your tootsies will amp up your pampering so don’t forget them. Give them a good soak, scrub, buff and nourish with an ultra moisturising lotion, then pop on some slippers or socks to help the cream really sink in.
5. Improve your beauty sleep. There’s nothing better than that first sleep in fresh bedding, so the night before your pamper sesh, give your sheets a good wash and don’t forget to use softener, it makes all the difference. Our Fashion and Beauty Editor, irons her sheets before she puts them on, “It’s a little more effort than most make, but honestly my first night sleep in freshly washed and ironed bedding is #dreamy, it makes me feel like I’m staying in a hotel.”
6. Invest in an eye mask. Especially if your room gets light in the morning, not only does it feel completely indulgent, but you also don’t get woken up by the early rising sun/boyfriend/husband/children getting up at silly o’clock. Go away we’re still pampering!!!
If that’s not enough and you’re in need of a bit of retail therapy too we have an amazing shopping competition for you too! To celebrate the fabulous, uplifting burst of fragrance you get from Surf, here’s your chance to get a wardrobe boost too! Four lucky readers will each get the chance to win £50 worth of vouchers.
To enter click here.
To find out more about Surf – now with longer lasting fragrances – go to http://www.surf.co.uk.