The couple's row is said to have lasted 27 minutes

New photos have emerged of Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson‘s argument outside their favourite restaurant Scott’s Of Mayfair on 9 June.

Art collector Charles, 70, appears to be pinching and looking in Nigella‘s nose before poking a finger up her nostril.

Afterwards, Nigella, 53, looks upset as she dabs her nose and eyes with a napkin.

The pictures were taken shortly after Charles had grabbed his TV cook wife’s throat with his hands four times, in shocking snaps first published last weekend.

The public row is said to have lasted for 27 minutes.

When it was over, Nigella tried to calm Charles down and leant over the table to kiss his cheek but he marched off and she followed him in tears.

The mum-of-two is currently staying in a £10,000-per-week rented apartment in central London and has twice been spotted without her wedding ring.

London Evening Standard columnist Charles accepted a caution for assault last Monday but later dismissed the incident to the paper as a ‘playful tiff’ over their children.

‘The pictures are horrific but give a
far more drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella‘s tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt,’ said Charles.

‘We
had made up by the time we were home. The paparazzi were congregated
outside our house after the story broke yesterday morning, so I told Nigella to take the kids off till the dust settled.’

SEE PICTURES Nigella Lawson: Her weight loss story

SEE PICTURES Nigella Lawson in Celebrity chub-alikes

SEE PICTURES Nigella Lawson looks happy as she leaves Scott‘s restaurant in London

Anna Duff