Speculation grows about the singer’s passing

Michael Jackson‘s death could have been caused by grapefruit juice, according to internet speculation.

The singer – who was said to be taking the painkiller pethidine – was drinking the fruit smoothie on the advice of a nutritionist, reports Metro.

But grapefruit contains a substance which apparently stops the liver breaking down pethidine into safe by-products.

Michael, 50, was pronounced dead at UCLA hospital on Thursday.

SEE PICTURES Michael Jackson – life of a legend>>

SEE VIDEO Janet Jackson pays tribute to Michael Jackson…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d9zC3j5n3A&hl=en&fs=1

NOW VIDEO Michael Jackson’s death – reaction… 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3pNlQMM8vA&hl=en&fs=1