Meet Bruce Jenner's lesser-known eldest children Burt and Casey
With rumours about his reported sex changed circulating and an explosive TV interview lined up for this Friday, Bruce Jenner is really in the spotlight at the moment.
The former Olympian, 65, has spoken in a preview clip of his Diane Sawyer ABC chat about how he doesn’t want to ‘hurt’ his six children and four stepchildren with whatever he is going through.
We all know about his youngest kids Kendall and Kylie, and middle sons Brandon and Brody have also found fame on reality TV. But who are Bruce‘s eldest children, Burt Jenner and Cassandra Marino? Here’s everything you need to know about the most secretive of Bruce‘s brood…
1. Bruce had Burt, 36, and Cassandra, 34, with first wife Chrystie Crownover, who he was married to from 1972 to 1981.
2. Burt‘s name is a very poignant choice. He’s named after Bruce‘s younger brother who was tragically killed in a car crash at the age of 18.
3. Burt and Casey are the only ones of Bruce‘s six kids not to have had their own reality show. Brandon, 33, and Brody, 31 – who Bruce had with second wife Linda Thompson – starred in short-lived series The Princes Of Malibu in 2005. Then there’s Bruce‘s daughters with Kris Jenner who we’re very familiar with – Kendall, 19, and Kylie, 17, are of course stars of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
4. Burt and Casey seem to get on well with their more famous siblings. Burt has shared snaps with his half-brothers and sisters on his Instagram page, including one of Kendall taking a sports car for a spin a few months ago.
5. They’re not afraid to mock their celebrity family members though. Burt made his followers LOL by sharing a photo of a T-shirt covered in pictures of Kim Kardashian‘s unattractive crying face last year. ‘My new favorite shirt…,’ Burt humorously captioned the snap.
6. Burt and Bruce have a mutual love of cars. Adrenalin junkie Burt races for a living and has spoken of how he inherited his passion for motorsport from his father.
7. Casey is the most private. The blonde Californian is married to hubby Michael and has two young daughters but not an awful lot is known about her.
8. Casey is a blogger. She started up her own website www.cassandramarino.com last year and has written on topics including fashion, parties and meditation.
9. Casey was a bridesmaid at half-brother Brandon‘s wedding, along with Kendall and Kylie.
10. Burt and Casey are shocked by their family’s fame. Burt shared a throwback snap with a young Kylie on her 16th birthday a couple of years ago and added: ‘I still think of you as this lil sweet girl…please always stay sweet and innocent! Lol and be careful on the LA roads!’ Meanwhile Casey wrote on Facebook back in 2010: ‘can’t believe how famous our stepsisters are! : 0’
11. Casey has spoken out to defend her dad amid sex change rumours. In February 2014 Bruce‘s eldest daughter said she would support Bruce in whatever changes he wants to make, saying: ‘He’s always been a handsome guy, and he never needed to do anything. But you know, clearly he feels differently. And nobody knows how it is to be in his skin. If that’s what he chooses to do, then I support him.’
12. Bruce has reportedly grown closer to his former family since splitting from Kris Jenner. Casey claimed in her rare interview that she had really bonded with Bruce again since his separation from third wife Kris in 2013 and was thrilled that he’d become more involved with his grandchildren.
13. Casey‘s not the only one to stick up for her dad – Burt does too. Burt hit back at ‘transphobic’ jibes about Bruce made by Jamie Foxx at the iHeartRadio Music Awards in March. ‘I think he is just copying Kevin Hart because Kevin Hart is taking all his movie opportunities,’ a feisty Burt said.
14. Burt and Casey appear in Bruce‘s upcoming TV interview. A preview clip from the Diane Sawyer ABC programme shows the siblings with their half-brothers Brandon and Brody, suggesting that all four are backing Bruce in whatever his future brings. See the snippet below…