She's got a nose ring and is VERY bendy...Everything you need to know about R-Pattz's new girl FKA Twigs
Kristen Stewart may (or may not) be dating Jennifer Lawrence‘s ex Nicholas Hoult. But whatevs. Robert Pattinson has moved on.
The Twilight star has reportedly started hooking up with up-and-coming British singer FKA Twigs.
The new couple were photographed enjoying the last rays of summer in New York City last week.
And she’s cool. Like, REALLY cool.
A friend of FKA Twigs says: ‘He’s been taking her on dates for the last month or so, and has even
flown her out to stay with him in New York. He also loves going to her
Rob’s relationship with FKA Twigs, 26, must be something serious if she’s managed to get Robert Pattinson out of the house.
Only recently, Robert, 28, admitted his fear of getting papped keeps him mostly indoors:
‘I’ve definitely become a recluse. I hate getting photographed. So my life has contracted a lot. I only go to places with underground parking lots. That sounds stupid but
it means I don’t have to deal with that anxiety.’
So who IS the girl who’s thrown any sliver of hope of a Robsten reconciliation in the bin? And what do we call them? FKA-Rob? R-TWIGS?
1. FKA Twigs was born Tahliah Debrett Barnett on 16 January, 1988 in rural Gloucestershire.
FKA Twigs says: ‘The hardest part of the day would be if you got stuck behind a tractor on the way to school.’
2. Her father is Jamaican and her mother is part English, part Spanish.
‘My mom used to be a dancer and a gymnast, she’s part Spanish,’ says FKA Twigs. ‘When I was younger, she was a salsa dance teacher, and she’d sneak me into salsa nightclubs and put me under the DJ desk.’
3. When she was 17, she moved to London to become a dancer.
4. She was a back-up dancer in Jessie J‘s video for Do It Like A Dude:
5. Jessie J liked her so much she asked FKA Twigs to appear in her video Price Tag too:
6. FKA Twigs also made an appearance in a BBC Comedy sketch called Beyonce Wants Groceries:
7. She spent a few years on the London cabaret circuit – her burlesque routine featured red lipstick, a ’40s-style hairdo, and a backless dress, performing Screamin’ Jay Hawkins’ I Put A Spell on You.
FKA Twigs says: ‘My cabaret character was someone much harder than I am, someone that could go and steal someone’s glass of wine and chuck it on them in rage, or someone that could climb over a table, or someone that could just be really daring in a way that no one ever got angry at her.’
8. She styled the hair around her face into ‘S-Curls’ for years, but now she’s over it:
‘I just use gel and a tooth comb,’ says FKA Twigs, ‘But the baby hairs are gone now; I’m done. My reference for it comes from Josephine Baker, the first-ever famous black performer, but I think the way it’s been taken now, I don’t know if I’m down with it.’
9. Originally, her stage name was just Twigs (after the way her joints crack) or sometimes Twigs Paramour until she was forced to add the FKA (formerly known as) after another artist called Twigs asked her to change it.
Her video for her track Ache shows just how bendy FKA Twigs can be:
10. Like, really bendy. Especially when FKA Twigs performs live:
SEE PICTURES Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart – a love story in photos