Medical examiner concludes cause of Brokeback Mountain star's death

Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose, a toxicology report has confirmed.

The Hollywood actor, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on 22 January, had taken a fatal mixture of prescription drugs.

‘Mr Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine,’ a spokeswoman tells People.com.

‘We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications.’

The initial autopsy, which took place on 24 January, was inconclusive.


Heath Ledger’s family return home to Australia for funeral>>
Heath Ledger could have had accidental overdose, claims TV doctor>>
Mary-Kate Olsen dating Heather Ledger before his death >>
Heath Ledger may have died from natural causes>>
Heath Ledger’s coffin leaves funeral home>>
Heath Ledger death suspected heart attack>>
Devastated Michelle Williams returns to New York>>
Heath Ledger’s body found by masseuse – not housekeeper>>
Heath Ledger’s funeral to be sabotaged by gay hate group>>
Nicole Kidman: Heath Ledger’s death is a tragedy>>
Heath Ledger died from pneumonia?>>
SEE VIDEO Heath Ledger dead>>

Gemma Stephenson