Actor’s family release statement following toxicology report
Heath Ledger’s family have released a statement following the results of the toxicology test which revealed that the actor died from an accidental overdose.
The actor was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on 22 January, but the initial autopsy results were inconclusive.
‘Today’s results put an end to speculation, but our son’s beautiful spirit and enduring memory will forever remain in our hearts,’ says Kim Ledger.
‘While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy.
‘We knew Heath as a loving father, as our devoted son, and as a loyal and generous brother and friend.’
The actor’s ex-fiancée Michelle Williams landed in Brisbane airport today with their 2-year-old daughter Matilda, in preparation for Heath’s private funeral.
Heath Ledger’s family return home to Australia for funeral>>
Heath Ledger could have had accidental overdose, claims TV doctor>>
Mary-Kate Olsen dating Heather Ledger before his death >>
Heath Ledger may have died from natural causes>>
Heath Ledger’s coffin leaves funeral home>>
Heath Ledger death suspected heart attack>>
Devastated Michelle Williams returns to New York>>
Heath Ledger’s body found by masseuse – not housekeeper>>
Heath Ledger’s funeral to be sabotaged by gay hate group>>
Nicole Kidman: Heath Ledger’s death is a tragedy>>
Heath Ledger died from pneumonia?>>
SEE VIDEO Heath Ledger dead>>