Close friend of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom, Jamie Sangouthai, has tragically died
The Kardashian klan are grieving after Lamar Odom‘s best friend Jamie Sangouthai died on Sunday of a reported drug overdose.
Just a few hours after Khloe Kardashian, 30, posted a picture-perfect view of Hawaii, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star received the tragic news and took to Twitter to tweet her heartbreak over the loss saying…
Close family friend Malika Haqq also confirmed the news by paying tribute on Instagram.
The New York native, who appeared on the reality series Khloe & Lamar, died from a suspected heroin overdose aged 37, according to US sources.
Gossip sites reported that Jamie died on Sunday at a hospital in downtown Los Angeles after 911 was called.
Some linked and even blamed Jamie for Lamar’s alleged crack cocaine abuse two years ago during his split from his estranged wife. Khloe filed for divorce from Lamar, 35, in December 2013 but it has yet to be finalised.
However, he was remembered fondly by those who knew him, including Khloe’s best friend Malika who posted a snap on Sunday of all of them to Instagram.
She captioned the photo: ‘Thru good and bad times life shows us every spirit matters and leaves a print on the hearts of others after they have passed… RIP Jamie Sangouthai #GodHelpUsAll’.
Jamie and Odom both grew up in the Queens borough of New York City and were longtime friends.
They were partners in a clothing line titled Rich Soil.
Jamie was diagnosed with the digestive disease diverticulitis in 2008 that required three surgeries.
He told the Los Angeles Times in April 2011 that Lamar helped with his medical expenses and also had his Los Angeles Lakers teammates call him with well wishes.
It’s not the first time Lamar has had to cope with drugs heartache, he lost his mother to colon cancer when he was aged 12 and his father was a heroin addict.