Daniel Craig is back in the new James Bond movie, Spectre! But who else is in the film?
The new James Bond line up has been revealed – and Daniel Craig is back with a star-studded cast.
The 24th instalment in the 007 franchise, called Spectre, was announced this morning at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire and will be directed by Sam Mendes. The movie will follow Bond trying to uncover a sinister organisation after receiving a cryptic message from his past. Ooooh!
Joining dishy Daniel Craig will be Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and Rory Kinnear, plus newcomers Monica Belluci, Christoph Waltz, David Bautista and Léa Seydoux.
While the men of the world got very excited about the new Aston Martin, the DB10 which has been created exclusively for the film, we were more interested in seeing Sherlock star Andrew Scott, who’s rumoured to be playing the Bond villain.
Here are seven things you need to know about the movie and cast…
1. Spectre is a sinister organisation and an acronym for Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. It’s leader is Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
2. Openly gay Andrew Scott insists coming out won’t hurt any actors careers, saying: ‘I absolutely refute anybody thinking that it has a negative impact on your career. I do feel a sort of peace that I can be authentic and people like that. I struggle a little with the coming out publicly thing because that was something that I did a long time ago.’
3. The movie will be filmed in London, Rome, Mexico City, Tangier (Morocco), and Sölden in Austria.
4. Everyone is already talking about who will sing the theme song after the success of Adele‘s Skyfall. William Hill have named Sam Smith mostly likely to sing the song at 4/1, with Ed Sheeran 6/1 second favourite. Lana del Rey, Rita Ora and One Direction are all 8/1.
5. Ralph Fiennes is replacing Judy Dench as M – this was revealed at the end of Skyfall.
6. French actress Lea Seydoux, 29, and Italian Monica Bellucci, 50, will play the two new Bondgirls.
7. Spectre is scheduled to be released on November 6, 2015.