Could our favourite boys be too busy to host I'm A Celebrity next year?
They’re back on our screens right now but with another US launch in the pipeline and landing themselves the presenting gig at next year’s The Brits, we’re wondering if this is the last year we’ll see Ant and Dec on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here.
The pair have had the Oz jungle gig for 14 years but are now being offered another huge opportunity to become mega stars Stateside by taking their hit Saturday Night Take Away over the pond.
The Geordie pals – full names Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly – might be the biggest names on British telly but they have yet to properly crack similar success in America.
Things didn’t work out when the pair took series Wanna Bet! to the States in 2008. Ant and Dec were said to be devastated when US network ABC axed the show after just one series.
But in February this year Dec, 38, confirmed: ‘There has been some interest from the States. We have had a couple of meetings over there about it. It could be called Saturday Night Take-Out!’
Ant, 38, said previously: ‘We’ve got one big push left,’ with sources close to the pair confirming their super ambitious nature means they do really want to make another go of it.
According to reports the pair are aiming for success in 2015 and they could potentially wish to clear their diaries post hosting the Brit Awards in February to make sure they don’t have any conflicting engagements.
Now has noticed the boys’ humour was certainly a little more risque than normal on last night’s launch show of I’m A Celebrity.
At one point the duo made a joke that all the stunts had been tested in the jungle with ‘dummies’ before clarifying that they meant Australians. Ooosh!
They also pushed the smutty humour to the limit when they talked about a woman putting her hand up mortorcycling ex-champ Carl Fogarty’s shorts to retrieve a snake and it having ‘a happy ending.’ Cheeky!
Please don’t leave us boys, the Aussie jungle simply wouldn’t be the same without you.