Godfather to Jacko's kids says he drank to beat insomnia
Former child actor Mark, who is godfather to Michael’s three kids, says he frequently had to smuggle bottles of wine into hotels past Muslim security staff for the star.
And he says that Michael, who died of an overdose in June 2009, was ‘paralytic’ at the press conference for his ill-fated This Is It comeback tour.
Michael passed out on the hotel bed,’ Mark, 54, tells The Sun.
His doctor said he’d drunk two-thirds of a bottle of whisky and was paralytic.
He sobered up enough to struggle through the This Is It speech, which he just about got away with.’
Michael passed away aged 50 just three months after the conference.
Despite being godfather to Prince, 16, Paris, 15, and Blanket, 10, Mark has previously revealed that he hasn’t been allowed to see the kids since Jacko’s death.
It’s very, very upsetting not being able to see all those children,’ he told the News Of The World in 2009.
They’re my godchildren, and I love them dearly.’
SEE PICTURES Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon London film premiere
SEE PICTURES The stars at Michael Jackson‘s memorial