And it’s perfect for summer!
The best fashion trends are the most exciting ones, so when we noticed our favourite celebs were clashing patterns here there and everywhere we knew we had to steal their style too!
Forget what you’ve heard before, you CAN mix and match your prints and patterns, so it’s time to have fun by mixing abstract designs, bold colours, stripes and bohemian florals.
Some of our absolute fave style icons have worn this look recently, so you know you’re in safe hands when you’re following the likes of JESSICA ALBA, ALEXA CHUNG and OLIVIA PALERMO. They’ve all made this look work for them but in totally different ways…
Jessica Alba teamed her bold floral skirt with a classic striped top, the black leather jacket pulls the whole look together and gives it a cool girl edge. Meanwhile Alexa mixed an incredible Shrimps illustrated shirt with gingham trousers and it’s just perfect! Queen of the trends Olivia Palermo totally went for it by clashing THREE prints, now that’s a skill. Her wide leg striped trousers look amazing with a striped top and floral blazer.
Want to try the trend for yourself? It’s easy, just follow these simple tricks to help you nail it and check out our shopping gallery below!
- Stick with similar tones for maximum style points, pastels work with pastels etc
- Stripes and leopard prints are easy starting points as they pretty much work with anything
- A jacket worn over a dress is an easier way to wear this look, gingham and tropical prints look great
- Mix and match striped items for a seriously summery vibe
- Wearing two or more prints? Make sure they share at least one colour
- Not feeling the full on clash? Try teaming a printed accessory with a floral dress – instant cool!