The Geordie Shore star was put in handcuffs for possessing an air weapon in a public place


In news that will likely be a shock for many, Scotty T has been arrested in connection to a firearms offence.

The Geordie Shore star was taken into police custody in Newcastle after he was seen ‘brandishing an air weapon’ – and was pictured leaving early on Monday morning, appearing ‘distressed’.

After being forced to admit to carrying the weapon, Scotty – otherwise known as Scott Timlin – was let go, but not before he was cautioned for the possession of an air weapon in a public place. Sadly for Scotty, 28, this will stay on his criminal record.

More: Scotty T has a VERY interesting proposition for Amber Heard – look away, Johnny Depp!

And: Scotty T wades into the Professor Green/Millie Mackintosh drama…

According to reports, his apartment is said to have been searched by forces during his questioning, while police forces revealed that a 28-year-old man had been arrested.

A police spokesperson said: ‘On Monday May 30, a 28-year-old man was arrested and given a caution for possession of an air weapon in a public place.’ Sources have claimed that he was posing for pictures with fans while holding the weapon.


There was a hint that Scotty wasn’t in the best of predicaments early on Tuesday morning, when he Tweeted:

‘Well that was a horrendous six hours.’

This can prove to be a major barrier for the lad’s international ambitions – though the cast often go as far away as Australia to promote the MTV show, as well as their own personal projects, some countries deny entry after criminal offences. Furthermore, this isn’t his first scuffle with the law – Scotty was fined in 2014 for hitting out at a partygoer at a Welsh nightclub.


Scotty T has now apologised for his arrest after it came to press yesterday. Speaking of the event, a spokesperson for the Geordie fella’ has shared that Scott’s alleged involvement with firearms was ‘meant to be a mindless piece of fun, but Scott realises how foolish it was and apologises for wasting police time’.

The spokesperson also shared with The Daily Mail that ‘Scott complied with police and was cautioned and released’.