Massive congrats to the happy couple!
Massive congratulations to long-term couple Kimberley Walsh and Justin Scott, who finally tied the knot in a super lavish ceremony in sunny Barbados. Talk about #goals.
The couple have been together almost fourteen years, and already have a son together, 17-month-old Bobby. The adorable tot took on a starring role at the wedding as page boy. Aww!
Speaking to Hello! magazine, the couple revealed all on their wedding prep, including why they chose Barbados and the celebrity guests who joined them.
Of course Kim’s BFFS Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Nicola Roberts were right by the singer’s side as bridesmaids. The ladies posted super sweet tributes to Kim complete with throwback pics, ahead of her nuptials:
Here’s the juiciest deets you need to know about the star-studded carribean bash, including some snippets that might surprise you.
- There were 100 guests at the wedding, including some showbiz pals who joined them to celebrate their vows. Actress sisters Kara and Hannah Tointon, Denise Van Outen, former Liberty X singer Kelli Young, and TV presenter Brian Dowling were all in attendence.
- The night before the wedding they had a beachside welcome party at a villa on the exclusive Bellevue Plantation for all the guests, where they danced to bajan music. Well if it’s good enough for RiRi…
- DJ Asad Naqvi, who is a DJ at London nightclub The Box, played soul, funk and smooth R&B at the Ocean Terrace Lounge.
- Chezza said she may have dropped a few hints to give Just a push to pop the big question. ‘He might have said encouraged, I think it was more a case of bugged the life out of him. Finally! But the way they’ve done it is so perfect and right for them.’
- The couple picked Barbados after first holidaying there together three years ago. Kimberley said: ‘It’s such a friendly country and so chilled.’ Her beau Justin agreed: ‘I don’t think either of us had ever felt that a wedding in the UK was for us, whereas everything about Barbados just felt so right.’
- Event planners Banana Split took care of all the wedding planning. The company was also behind Cheryl’s 30th birthday bash in Los Angeles. Fancy planning our next Saturday night out, guys?
- The wedding frock Kimberly went for, was spookily the EXACT one Cheryl previously screen grabbed on her phone. Kim revealed: ‘When I first started looking, I saw a photo of this dress and there was an instant ‘wow’ factor for me. Bizarrely, I showed the picture to Cheryl and she looked so taken aback. [Cheryl] screen grabbed it because she loved it so much. It was then I thought ‘this has to be the one.’ Ooh it was meant to be!
- It’s tradition for the groom to wait until the big day to see the bride in her dress, but turns out best pal Chezza wanted to wait too. Kim said: ‘She said she wanted the big reveal. Although why she’s doing it to herself I have no idea, because I know she’ll get so emotional.’
Hope you packed plenty of kleenex in your suitcase, Chez!
WATCH: KIMBERLY WALSH GUEST EDITS NOW!