One Direction star Harry Styles' younger cousin Ben Selley and band Concept are tipped for X Factor success
We love Harry Styles. And now we love his cousin Ben Selley from boyband Concept too.
After sailing through The X Factor auditions all the way through to the judges houses with Louis Walsh in Bermuda, it seems Concept are going to be sticking around for quite a while. Which is good, because we kinda obsessed with them already!
Here’s EVERYTHING you need to know about the band…
1. Concept are made up of friends Ben Selley, 20, Matt Goodenough, 20, Karim Newton, 20, Nathan Gittens, 20, and Scott Dicks, 20 all from Basingstoke.
2. After supporting Harry on his first audition for The X Factor in 2010, Ben admits it was his superstar cousin that inspired his own dream to pursue music.
‘I went to see him on The X Factor and thought I would never be able to do that. But I sat in my room playing guitar and getting better, and realised I can sing. One Direction do inspire me. I still haven’t got over how famous they are,’ Ben says.
3. Concept formed in 2011, just months after One Direction released their debut single.
4. While Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan have been selling out stadiums around the world, Ben and the Concept boys have been singing in local shopping centres at just £3 a ticket.
5. After being spotted online by The X Factor producers, Ben and the boys jumped at the chance to audition in front of Simon Cowell, Cheryl, Louis and Mel B.
6. Ben however refused to name drop his big cousin Harry during the audition process, with an insider claiming: ‘They didn’t want to use Harry‘s fame and success to get them through the competition.’
7. Ben hasn’t always been so reluctant in revelling in the attention which comes from being a member of the Styles clan though – he recently dished all kinds of dirt on Harry‘s love life!
‘It’s Harry who is the one getting dumped. Harry is not a horrible guy in romance. He’s not the dumper, he’s the dumpee! He’s got the biggest heart so the guy wouldn’t have the guts to dump a girl, he’s too nice. Did Taylor Swift dump him? I’m not saying,’ teased Ben. ‘He’s a charmer. He would have as many girl friends as guy friends. When we went to stay with him he’d tell me stories of what a hit he was with girls.’
We’re sure he loved you for that one, Ben!
SEE PICTURES Harry Styles‘ hair history – cute curls to sexy man bun