Robert Pattinson, Alexander Skarsgard or Ian Somerhalder? Now ITV2's Vampire Diaries has returned, we count down our hunkiest vampires of ALL TIME
You’ve got to love Ian Somerhalder.
The Vampire Diaries star – who turned 35 this week – yesterday gave new hope to women everywhere when he posted the following Tweet:
‘They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. It’s the same way with women…or at least the ones I want to be with.’
So in this season when everyone is talking about squeezing into that little black party dress, we’ve decided to use this rather tenuous link to forget about counting calories and sit back, relax, watch The Vampire Diaries on ITV2 tonight and discuss a fang-tastic (sorry) subject close to everyone’s still beating hearts…
THE TOP 15 SEXIEST VAMPIRES…EVER!!
(There’s a lot at stake…ahem)
15. Brad Pitt, 49: We kind of have to include the once sexiest man in the world. He gave Kirsten Dunst her first screen kiss playing tortured cold one Louis de Pointe du Lac in Interview With a Vampire. Dodgy hair, but hey, it was still Brad in his 90s heyday.
Colin Farrell, 37: Phwoar. Hollywood bad boy Colin Farrell was one sexy vamp in 2011 movie Fright Night…Put those stakes away, David Tennant!
13. Stephen Dorff, 43: Wesley Snipes‘ vampire enemy Deacon Frost in the Blade movies. He’s one vamp we wouldn’t want to stake
12. Damien Molony, 29: Being Human‘s Hal is so hot we would definitely risk our necks rescuing him from the alternate reality the show left them stranded in…
11. Joseph Morgan, 32: The Vampire Diaries’ Klaus. Technically he’s a hybrid, but he’s also one of The Originals so you just know he knows how to treat a lady…
10. Robert Pattinson, 27: No list would be complete without Twilight‘s Edward Cullen. Yet R-Pattz has lost a little of his sparkle since going all grungy – and he only makes the top ten by the skin of his fangs…
9. Aidan Turner, 30: Being Human‘s original hunky vampire Mitchell. He loses points for after his Unexpected Journey to not-so-hunky Hobbitsville.
8. Kiefer Sutherland, 47: Before Jack Bauer, Kiefer was getting our blood pumping as super hot and super bad lead vampire David in 1987’s The Lost Boys. We’d have eaten the maggots if he asked us too..
7. Jason Dohring, 31: Okay…Jason‘s mainly made the list because we LOVED him as Logan Echolls in the uber fantastic Veronica Mars. But he also looked pretty damn (icy, vampire) cool as 410-year-old bloodsucker Josef Kostan in TV series Moonlight.
6. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, 36: Henry VIII himself, JRM, is taking up the challenge of playing Dracula for Sky‘s new TV series – and looks super sexy hot!
5. Paul Wesley, 31: The Vampire Diaries‘ Stefan Salvatore. Yes, he’s definitely more dull than his on-screen brother but he’s still super cute…
4. David Boreanaz, 44. Angel. The original vamp with a soul. Need we say more?
3. Alexander Skarsgard, 37: True Blood‘s Eric‘s one handsome vamp. And we’re well jel Sookie gets her hands on him. Alex‘s brother Bill also plays a vamp in Netflix‘s original series Hemlock Grove. We don’t know what that says about the family genes, but we’re not complaining.
2. James Marsters, 51: We would definitely Walk Through The Fire to get near Buffy’s Spike. Not only is he one of the hottest vamps on TV, he’s also one of the funniest (courtesy of genius Joss Whedon). And he has an amazing coat.
1. Ian Somerhalder, 34: There’s no question of who is No 1 is there? Not only is he damn sexy as The Vampire Diaries’ Damon Salvatore but he set up the Ian Somerhalder Foundation to save the environment (i.e. The World) and help cute fluffy little animals. Shame on you Nina Dobrev for letting him slip through your fingers!
Have we missed your favourite? Tweet @Nowmag #sexyvamps