Chat show host wants to make amends with Fawlty Towers star

Jonathan Ross is hoping to secure Andrew Sachs as a special guest on his Friday night show when it returns in January.

The presenter, 47, has been suspended for 12 weeks without pay by the BBC after he made lewd prank calls to the Fawlty Towers star last month with pal Russell Brand.

‘He believes that by having him on the show, he will draw a line under this whole sorry affair,’ says a source.

Jonathan is desperately upset that he’s offended a comedy legend like Andrew.’

Andrew, 78, says he hasn’t yet been approached by show bosses – but would consider appearing.

‘I really don’t know if I would go on the show,’ he tells the Daily Mirror. ‘I have not been asked and I would have to discuss it with Jonathan before I went on.

‘He did write me a lovely letter of apology and going on the show is not something I would rule out. I’ve got an open mind about things like that.’

Russell, 33, refused to joke about the controversy during a stand-up gig in LA this week.

‘It’s too soon to talk about that,’ he said.